The mission of the Maine Standardbred Pleasure Horse Organization is to encourage promotion of the Standardbred for pleasure riding and driving. MSPHO serves its membership by supporting programs that further the responsible ownership of Standardbreds, and encourages the use of these horses for non-racing purposes. We strive to educate the public about the breed’s natural athletic ability, versatility and level-headed temperament.
Meet the Team
Founder & President
Robyn Cuffey has been instructing for over 25 years. With a strong background of riding, training, and showing her own horses, she instills confidence in her students, while quietly teaching the basics of good horsemanship and safety. Robyn’s kind and often humorous manner make lessons enjoyable for students at all levels.
Highlights of Robyn Cuffey’s career:
- International Clinician
- SMDA & MHA Year End Award winner
- Two-time National SPHO high point Champion
- Shown riding hunt seat, dressage, saddle seat, driving in open pleasure, carriage pleasure, combined and competitive driving
- Breeds trained or retrained include Standardbred, Thoroughbred, Welsh Pony, Morgan, Arabian, Mustang, Cheval Canadian, Appaloosa, Quarter Horse
- Professionally Training for over 20 years
- Horse Education includes riding with Judy Westlake (USDF certified instructor), Sue Jacoma, Joy Congdon, Volkar Bromman ( all F.E.I. competitiors) Attended USDF Instructor seminar as participating instructor Driving with Larry Poulin, Bill Lower, Lisa Singer, Bill Long, Dierdre Pierie
Derek Rouleau APF
He started riding in 2009 on his Standardbred Mike’s Jackpot. He has primarily competed in Dressage the past couple of years but is in search of an Event Horse to start doing some low level eventing. Member of the American Association of Professional Farriers. He started trimming as a Natural Hoof Trimmer in 2012 and is currently working on his APF-I certification.
Become a member…
To Become a member please fill out the membership form